Diablo 3: No Mods & No Offline...wut?

  Diablo 1 and 2 was part of my teen life, it brings back fond memories whenever I think back on the fun (and slightly masochist) times I spent with my friends in Hard Mode... now knowing that Blizzard forbids mods for a interface like Diablo 3 doesn't sway me much one way or another, the classic Diablo interface was never in much need for re-arrangings. And it’s no surprise they don’t want you modding the online game: it would rather undermine the item market.

http://www.pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/BlizzardsaysNodiablo3for2010areyoukiddin_E395/diablo3.jpg
  However it is a shame to know that there will not be a offline mode for Diablo 3, I very much enjoyed that aspect on the previous versions and considering how Starcraft 2 went way beyond standard limitations, the flexibility of the editor was such that you could create new games in it, I was rather hoping some of it would seep through to Diablo 3...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My apinion is that Blizzard are wrong there.

Leting the game comunity to edit the game, to contribute, to make mods expands the game's life 2 - 3 maybe 5 times.

The original Diablo is played less time then some mods though. Not to mention WarcCraft 3 with it's DotA and all Tower Defences and stuff.

Makeing Diablo 3 a closed game is just stupid.

NuyoricanGuy said...

No single player mode is kinda weird but Awesome game, nonetheless!

STRAFOR said...

wtv, i wanna play ;_;

Ready to Grow said...

I want to try this!

pv said...

I never got into diablo or even tried playing them, but diablo 3 seems very interesting

my day in a sentence said...

No offline? :S

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I mean, can they kill the game more? Bah!

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger